The Parish Church of All Saints, Kempston
Promoting a Safer Church
Promoting a Safer Church, our church takes Safeguarding very seriously, the care of children, young people and vulnerable adults is the responsibility of the whole church. Everyone who participates in the life of the church has a role to play in promoting a Safer Church for all.
The following policy was agreed at the Parochial Church Council (PCC) meeting held on 12th Nov 2018.
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy our church is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and
vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Parish will:
- Create a safe and caring place for all.
- Have a named Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that individuals in key roles have been checked and verified.
- Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
- Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
- Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
- Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
- Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
- Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
- Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
- Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually.
- Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
This church appoints Alison Walker as the Parish Safeguarding Officer.
Incumbent: Rev’d Eric Lomax
Churchwardens: Margaret Leighton and Brenda Walker
Date: 12th November 2018
Eric Lomax – 0780 5879 537
All Saints Church Safeguarding Co-ordinator
Alison Walker – email@example.com
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser/Officer
Jeremy Hirst – firstname.lastname@example.org – T: 01299 841269 – M: 07867350886
Bedford Children’s Services
Multi Agency Support Hub (MASH)
Office Hours: 01234 718700
Out-of-Hours: 0300 300 8123
Bedford Adults Services
Bedford Safeguarding Adults Team
Office Hours: 01234 267422
Out-of-Hours: 0300 300 8123
101 or 999
0808 800 5000 or 0800 1111